2022 NCAA Tournament First Round: No. 1 Gonzaga Bulldogs vs. No. 16 Georgia State Panthers
How to Watch:
- Date: Thursday, March 17
- Time: 4:15 p.m. ET
- Location: Moda Center in Portland, OR
- TV: TNT
- Live Stream: NCAA.com
Tale of the Tape:
|No. 1 GON||STAT||No. 16 GSU|
|West Coast||Conference||Sun Belt|
|87.8 (2nd)||Points Per Game||70.6 (213th)|
|65.5||Points Allowed Per Game||64.8|
|0.6401 (5th)||RPI||0.5175 (138th)|
|99th||Strength of Schedule||185th|
|Automatic Bid||Bid||Automatic Bid|
FanDuel is offering new customers a $150 instant bonus if you bet just $5 on any college basketball game. Click here for more info.
- Drew Timme, F, JR: 17.5 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 2.7 APG, 58.8% FG
- Chet Holmgren, C, FR: 14.2 PPG, 9.6 RPG, 3.6 BPG, 61.0% FG
Georgia State leaders:
- Corey Allen, G, SR: 14.7 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 3.2 APG, 1.6 SPG
- Kane Williams, G, SR: 12.5 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 3.8 APG, 1.9 SPG
Odds, Lines, and Past Performance:
- GON Moneyline: -10000
- GSU Moneyline: +3300
- Spread: GON -23.5
- Over/Under: 148
- ATS Record: GON 14-12-3, GSU 12-12-1
- Over/Under Record: GON 12-17, GSU 8-17
Odds courtesy of Draftkings. For the latest odds, click here.
- Listen, the Bulldogs are one of the favorites to win the whole thing and the Panthers finished 3rd in the Sun Belt in the regular season. It’s safe to say that this game likely won’t be particularly close.
- However, it gives you an opportunity to watch Chet Holmgren, who was thought to be the likely top pick in the NBA Draft but now has some people wondering if he’ll fall out of the top-5. Regardless, he’s an NBA lottery pick, so you can watch him play and make up your own mind.
- The Bulldogs play at a fast pace, ranking 4th in KenPom’s adjusted tempo metric, but a lot of their games have hit the under this year. The Panthers play at a much slower pace and most of their games have hit the under this year as well. With the Bulldogs likely going to their bench and taking their foot off of the gas for a lot of the second half, it’s possible that the under could be the way to play this one, if you feel the need to play it at all.