2022 NCAA Tournament First Round: No. 5 Iowa Hawkeyes vs. No. 12 Richmond Spiders
How to Watch:
- Date: Thursday, March 17
- Time: 3:10 p.m. ET
- Location: KeyBank Center in Buffalo, NY
- TV: truTV
- Live Stream: NCAA.com
Tale of the Tape:
|No. 5 IOWA||STAT||No. 12 RICH|
|Big Ten||Conference||Atlantic 10|
|83.5 (5th)||Points Per Game||71.7 (174th)|
|71.3||Points Allowed Per Game||68.3|
|0.5994 (26th)||RPI||0.5747 (52nd)|
|49th||Strength of Schedule||92nd|
FanDuel is offering new customers a $150 instant bonus if you bet just $5 on any college basketball game. Click here for more info.
- Keegan Murray F, SO: 23.6 PPG, 8.6 RPG, 1.3 SPG, 40.5% 3PT
- Jordan Bohannon, G, SR: 11.1 PPG, 1.3 RPG, 1.8 APG, 38.5% 3PT
- Tyler Burton, F, JR: 16.3 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 1.1 SPG, 37.7% 3PT
- Grant Golden, F, SR: 14.1 PPG, 6.1 RPG, 2.8 APG, 51.5% FG
Odds, Lines, and Past Performance:
- IOW Moneyline: -630
- RICH Moneyline: +450
- Spread: IOW -10.5
- Over/Under: 150
- ATS Record: IOW 22-13, RICH 17-18
- Over/Under Record: IOW 22-12-1, RICH 14-20-1
Odds courtesy of Draftkings. For the latest odds, click here.
- The Hawkeyes are one of the better teams in the tournament against the spread and are coming into the tournament hot (12-2 since February) and going up against a team that wouldn’t have made the tournament had they not won their conference tournament. A lot of that is enticing.
- The Spiders have the 104th ranked defense based on KenPom’s efficiency metrics and will have to contend with future lottery pick Keegan Murray and a Hawkeyes offense that ranks 2nd in KenPom’s metrics.
- The Hawkeyes have some issues on defense, ranking 77th in KenPom, but this is a Spiders team that plays at the 191st ranked adjusted tempo, so simply isn’t going to be comfortable pushing the pace enough to take advantage of Iowa’s defense limitations.
- The Hawkeyes also rank 156th in three-point field goal percentage allowed, but the Spiders are even worse, finishing 229th and allowing 34.3% shooting from deep, which should benefit a Hawkeye team that is 40th in the country, shooting 36.8% from beyond the arc.