LONGWOOD 2022 NCAA TOURNAMENT PROFILE
- Nickname: Lancers
- Conference: Big South
- Record: 26-6 (1st in Big South)
- RPI: 0.527 (125th in country)
- Strength of Schedule Rank: 354
- Strength of Record Rank: 103
- Previous NCAA Tournament Appearances: 0
HOW THEY GOT HERE
Longwood has been red-hot down the stretch to clinch its first-ever trip to the Big Dance in its 18th season of existence — winning 20 of its last 21 games. That included three wins in three nights at the Big South Conference Tournament, first squeaking by North Carolina A&T in overtime before moving past South Carolina Upstate and blowing out Winthrop in the final by 21.
STAT TO REMEMBER
Longwood doesn’t predicate its offense through the three-pointer, but when it does, it’s efficient. With a conversion rate of 38% from three-point range, it ranks 16th in the nation despite attempting an average of 21.6 shots from beyond the arc per game — which ranks 181st in the country.
WHO TO WATCH
- Justin Hill, G, Soph.- 14.2 points per game, 4.2 assists per game, 1.5 steals per game
- Deshaun Wade, G, Senior- 11.9 points per game, 44.4% 3-PT
NCAA TOURNAMENT ODDS
- To make Final Four: +10000
- To win championship: +50000
Odds courtesy of DraftKings. For more, click here.