2022 NCAA Tournament First Round: No. 3 Purdue Boilermakers vs. No. 14 Yale Bulldogs
How to Watch:
- Date: Friday, March 18
- Time: 2:00 p.m. ET
- Location: Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee, WI
- TV: TBS
- Live Stream: NCAA.com
Tale of the Tape:
|No. 3 PUR||STAT||No. 14 YALE|
|79.8 (15th)||Points Per Game||72.3 (158th)|
|68.8||Points Allowed Per Game||68.8|
|0.6249 (12th)||RPI||0.5462 (88th)|
|30th||Strength of Schedule||197th|
BetMGM is offering new customers a chance to win $200 if any team hits a 3-pointer in the NCAA tournament. You just have to place one $10 bet. Click here for more info.
- Jaden Ivery, G, SO: 17.4 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 3.2 APG, 46.2% FG
- Zach Edey, C, SO: 14.6 PPG, 7.8 RPG, 1.2 BPG, 65.5% FG
- Azar Swain, G, SR: 19.2 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 1.6 APG, 89.1% FT
- Jalen Gabbidon, G, SR: 11.6 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 1.4 APG, 1.4 SPG
Odds, Lines, and Past Performance:
- YLE Moneyline: +950
- PUR Moneyline: -1750
- Spread: PUR -16
- Over/Under: 143
- ATS Record: PUR 13-19-2, YLE 14-15
- Over/Under Record: PUR 18-16, YLE 13-15-1
Odds courtesy of Draftkings. For the latest odds, click here.
- The Boilermakers is a heavy favorite here and rightfully so. They are the 3rd-best offense in KenPom’s adjusted efficiency metrics and the Bulldogs’ offense simply can’t keep up, ranking 203rd.
- The Bulldogs also don’t have an answer for the Boilermakers in the interior. The biggest player the Bulldogs have that plays regularly is 6’8″ 220 pounds, which is going to seem comically small against 7’4″ 295-pound Zach Edey, and also 6’10” 255-pound Trevion Williams.
- The Boilermakers are not a particularly strong defense, ranking 100th in KenPom’s efficiency metrics, but it’s likely going to take a couple of rounds before that could get exposed.
- The Bulldogs will try to keep the tempo up, ranking 86th in adjusted tempo, compared to 248th for the Boilermakers, but I’m just not sure they will be able to do much damage, even playing fast.