2022 NCAA Tournament First Four: No. 11 Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. No. 11 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How to Watch:
- Date: Wednesday, March 16
- Time: 9:10 p.m. ET
- Location: UD Arena, Dayton, OH
- TV: truTV
- Live Stream: NCAA.com
Tale of the Tape:
|No. 11 RUT||STAT||No. 11 ND|
|67.9 (287th)||Points Per Game||72.5 (154th)|
|65.8||Points Allowed Per Game||66.8|
|0.5457 (91st)||RPI||0.568 (59th)|
|29th||Strength of Schedule||63rd|
- Ron Harper Jr., F, SR: 15.6 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 1.8 APG
- Clifford Omoruyi, C, SO: 11.8 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 1.3 BPG, 61.8 FG%
Notre Dame leaders:
- Blake Wesley, G, FR: 14.6 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.2 SPG
- Dane Goodwin, G, JR: 13.9 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 1.3 APG, 44.8% 3PT
RUT vs. ND Odds, Lines, and Past Performance:
- RUT Moneyline: -105
- ND Moneyline: -115
- Spread: ND -1.0
- Over/Under: 132
- ATS Record: RUT 13-16-2, ND 17-14
- Over/Under Record: RUT 16-15, ND 16-13-2
Odds courtesy of Draftkings. For the latest odds, click here.
- It’s important to look beyond just the records here. The Fighting Irish have gone just 2-8 versus quad one teams this season, while the Scarlet Knights went 6-6.
- Rutgers has also been hot of late, beating Iowa, Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Illinois (all NCAA tournament teams) within the last six weeks.
- Notre Dame shoots a ton of threes and certainly lives and dies from beyond the arc. They’re 11-2 when they shoot over 40% from three and 11-8 when they don’t. They could find the sledding tough against a Rutgers team that is top-50 in defensive efficiency, led by Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, small forward Caleb McConnell.