2022 NCAA Tournament First Round: No. 8 Seton Hall Pirates vs. No. 9 TCU Horned Frogs
How to Watch:
- Date: Friday, March 18
- Time: 9:57 p.m. ET
- Location: Viejas Arena in San Diego, CA
- TV: truTV
- Live Stream: NCAA.com
Tale of the Tape:
|No. 8 SHU||STAT||No. 9 TCU|
|Big East||Conference||Big 12|
|72.9 (142nd)||Points Per Game||68.1 (283rd)|
|66.3||Points Allowed Per Game||65.0|
|0.5798 (44th)||RPI||0.5696 (58th)|
|33rd||Strength of Schedule||9th|
BetMGM is offering new customers a chance to win $200 if any team hits a 3-pointer in the NCAA tournament. You just have to place one $10 bet. Click here for more info.
Seton Hall leaders:
- Jared Rhoden, G, SR: 15.9 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 1.2 APG, 1.2 SPG
- Bryce Aiken, G, SR: 14.5 PPG, 2.1 RPG, 2.7 APG, 1.3 SPG
Texas Christian leaders:
- Mike Miles, G, SO: 15.0 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 3.9 APG, 1.3 SPG
- Emanuel Miller, F, JR: 10.3 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 49.1% FG
SHU vs. TCU Odds, Lines, and Past Performance:
- SHU Moneyline: -110
- TCU Moneyline: -110
- Spread: PK
- Over/Under: 130.5
- ATS Record: SHU 14-16, Texas Christian 18-11-3
- Over/Under Record: SHU 10-20, Texas Christian 14-16-2
Odds courtesy of Draftkings. For the latest odds, click here.
- Bryce Aiken hasn’t played since January with concussion symptoms. He is expected to suit up for the Pirates come tournament time, but you have to wonder if there is any residual rust when he steps on the court. If he’s not on his game, that could be bad news for Seton Hall.
- This might be a pretty slow game, with the Pirates ranking 162nd in adjusted tempo and the Horned Frogs coming in 244th. That and both teams’ inability to hit the over much this season makes the under look like a solid bet.
- The Horned Frogs have been playing well of late, beating Texas Tech, Kansas, and Texas over the last few weeks to push its way into the tournament.
- The Horned Frogs are one of the worst teams in the nation in turnover rate, but Seton Hall ranks just 186th in turnovers forced on the season, so they might not be the team to take advantage of that weakness.