LOYOLA-CHICAGO 2022 NCAA TOURNAMENT PROFILE
- Nickname: Ramblers
- Conference: Missouri Valley
- Record: 25-7 (2nd in MVC)
- RPI: 0.5827 (46th in Division I)
- Strength of Schedule Rank: 112
- Strength of Record Rank: 46
- Previous NCAA Tournament Appearances: 7
- NCAA Tournament accolades: 1963 National Champion, 2018 Final Four
HOW THEY GOT HERE
After dropping two of their last four regular-season games, Loyola-Chicago found a different gear in the MVC tournament to salvage a season that saw them start at 14-2 while ranking as high as #22 in the nation. After beating Bradley by 16, they took down a Northern Iowa squad that had beaten them just one week before by 13 in the semifinals.
Down by 10 in the first half against Drake in the conference final, the Ramblers clamped down and held their opponent to just 40 points in the final 28:46 of the game.
STATS TO REMEMBER
Loyola-Chicago has one of the top defenses in the country, yielding an average of 61.7 points per game, which ranks 19th in all of Division I.
- Points per game: 73.8 (120th in Division I)
- Rebounds per game: 33.9 (313th)
- Assists per game: 15.0 (T-61st)
- Field Goal%: 48.3% (18th)
- 3PT FG%: 38.3% (11th)
- Points allowed per game: 61.7 (17th)
WHO TO WATCH
- Lucas Williamson, G, Senior- 14.0 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 3.0 APG, 39.6% 3PT
- Braden Norris, G, Jr.- 10.3 PPG, 3.9 APG, 43.5% 3PT
NCAA TOURNAMENT ODDS
- To make Final Four: +3000
- To win championship: +15000
Odds courtesy of DraftKings. For more, click here.