With 11 games on tap, let’s take a look at the NHL odds today, March 22, with some of our top picks.
NHL odds today, March 22
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7 p.m. ET
- Lightning last 10: 5-5-0
- Lightning ATS: 28-33
- Hurricanes last 10: 4-4-2
- Hurricanes ATS: 29-33
- Pick of the Night: Lightning Moneyline
- Why?: The Lightning have won nine of their last 10 games against the struggling Hurricanes as underdogs.
New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils, 7 p.m.
- Rangers last 10: 7-3-0
- Rangers ATS: 32-31
- Devils last 10: 4-6-0
- Devils ATS: 28-34
- Pick of the Night: Chris Kreider (NYR) to score
- Why?: In the midst of a career season (41 goals), Kreider has scored in four of the Rangers’ last five games as favorites.
Columbus Blue Jackets @ Pittsburgh Penguins, 7 p.m.
- Blue Jackets last 10: 5-3-2
- Blue Jackets ATS: 37-26
- Penguins last 10: 7-2-1
- Penguins ATS: 31-32
- Pick of the Night: Penguins Moneyline
- Why?: PPG Paints Arena is a house of horror for the Blue Jackets, who have lost each of their last 12 games there.
Caesars is offering a $1,100 First Bet Insurance for new users. For more, click here.
St. Louis Blues @ Washington Capitals, 7 p.m.
- Blues last 10: 5-3-2
- Blues ATS: 37-26
- Capitals last 10: 7-2-1
- Capitals ATS: 31-32
- Pick of the Night: David Perron (STL) to score
- Why?: Perron has goals in each of the Blues’ last six games, which bodes well for a Blues team that has won each of their last seven Tuesday games as underdogs.
Philadelphia Flyers @ Detroit Red Wings, 7:30 p.m.
- Flyers last 10: 4-5-1
- Flyers ATS: 30-32
- Red Wings last 10: 2-7-1
- Red Wings ATS: 25-37
- Pick of the Night: Owen Tippett (PHI) first goal
- Why?: This is a long shot (+2500) on DraftKings, but Tippett played well in his Flyers debut after coming over from Florida in the Claude Giroux deal. He did everything against the Islanders on Sunday but get on the scoresheet. I wouldn’t expect his statline to read zeroes for long.
Ottawa Senators @ New York Islanders, 7:30 p.m.
- Senators last 10: 3-7-0
- Senators ATS: 31-31
- Islanders last 10: 6-3-1
- Islanders ATS: 27-33
- Pick of the Night: Senators under 1.5 goals
- Why?: While the Islanders’ playoff hopes are all but dead, they’ve returned to their resolute defensive form as of late. They’ve held opponents to two goals or fewer in six of their last nine games while Ottawa is tied for the third-worst offense in the NHL this season.
For more NHL odds today and news, visit TailgateSports.com
Vegas Golden Knights @ Winnipeg Jets, 8 p.m.
- Knights last 10: 4-6-0
- Knights ATS: 26-39
- Jets last 10: 6-3-1
- Jets ATS: 36-27
- Pick of the Night: Kyle Connor (WPG) to score
- Why?: Connor is having his best year as a pro (39 goals) this season and he’s been hot of late, scoring in six of his last seven.
Edmonton Oilers @ Dallas Stars, 8:30 p.m.
- Oilers last 10: 6-2-2
- Oilers ATS: 30-33
- Stars last 10: 6-4-0
- Stars ATS: 27-34
- Pick of the Night: Connor McDavid (EDM) under 1.5 points
- Why?: The Stars have kept the Oilers in check in recent meetings, limiting them to just five goals in their last three matchups. McDavid didn’t record a single point in the last time they played in November — a Dallas 4-1 victory.
San Jose Sharks @ Calgary Flames, 9 p.m.
- Sharks last 10: 4-4-2
- Sharks ATS: 32-30
- Flames last 10: 6-2-2
- Flames ATS: 34-28
- Pick of the Night: Flames under 5.5 total goals
- Why?: Calgary is coming off a six-goal showing against the Vancouver Canucks, but the Sharks have held in check this season as they’ve scored just four goals in two games. The Flames have also been shut out twice in their last four.
Seattle Kraken @ Arizona Coyotes, 10 p.m.
- Kraken last 10: 3-5-2
- Kraken ATS: 28-35
- Coyotes last 10: 6-4-0
- Coyotes ATS: 32-30
- Pick of the Night: Coyotes puck line
- Why?: Arizona is playing respectable hockey as of late. It’s also covered the puck line in each of its last nine night games against a struggling expansion team in Seattle.
Nashville Predators @ Los Angeles Kings, 10:30 p.m.
- Predators last 10: 7-3-0
- Predators ATS: 37-26
- Kings last 10: 5-4-1
- Kings ATS: 38-26
- Pick of the Night: Under 6 total goals
- Why?: In seven of the Kings’ last eight home games against Central Division opponents, the final combined score has gone under the total goals line.
Odds and stats courtesy of DraftKings. For more, click here.