With five games on the slate, here are the NHL odds today, March 28, 2022, with our top picks.
NHL odds today: March 28
Carolina Hurricanes @ Washington Capitals, 7 p.m. ET
- Hurricanes last 10: 5-3-2
- Hurricanes ATS: 30-35
- Capitals last 10: 7-2-1
- Capitals ATS: 34-33
- The Pick: Evgeny Kuznetsov anytime scorer
- Why?: Kuznetsov only has one goal in his last four games after potting five in his previous four. But the center has scored in five of his last seven games against a Hurricanes team that is dealing with a March swoon.
Vancouver Canucks @ St. Louis Blues, 7:30 p.m.
- Canucks last 10: 4-3-3
- Canucks ATS: 39-28
- Blues last 10: 3-4-3
- Blues ATS: 35-29
- The Pick: Canucks to cover
- Why?: Vancouver is the underdog heading into St. Louis, but the Blues have had some problems as of late at Enterprise Center. While they’ve lost seven of their last eight games as favorites, they’ve lost each of their previous four games at home.
Buffalo Sabres @ Chicago Blackhawks, 8:30 p.m.
- Sabres last 10: 5-3-2
- Sabres ATS: 38-28
- Blackhawks last 10: 4-4-2
- Blackhawks ATS: 35-31
- The Pick: Alex DeBrincat anytime scorer
- Why?: The 24-year-old winger continues to prove himself as a big-time goalscorer on a mediocre hockey team in the Blackhawks. He’s scored in each of his last three games and is no stranger to streaks. DeBrincat had a five-game goal streak earlier this month from March 3-10.
For more NHL odds today and news, visit TailgateSports.com
Arizona Coyotes @ Edmonton Oilers, 9:30 p.m.
- Coyotes last 10: 4-5-1
- Coyotes ATS: 33-32
- Oilers last 10: 6-3-1
- Oilers ATS: 31-35
- The Pick: Nick Schmaltz over 0.5 points
- Why?: It’s easy to focus on the likes of Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitl when the Oilers are playing, but Coyotes forward Nick Schmaltz has recorded at least one point in 15 of his last 19 games (14G, 15A, 29 points).
Seattle Kraken @ Los Angeles Kings, 10:30 p.m.
- Kraken last 10: 4-5-1
- Kraken ATS: 29-36
- Kings last 10: 5-3-2
- Kings ATS: 40-27
- The Pick: Total goals over 6
- Why?: This is the second time in three nights that the Kings are hosting the Kraken at Crypto.com Arena. In six of their last seven home games following a win, it has gone over the total goals line.
Props and information courtesy of DraftKings. For more, click here.