2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference: Atlantic #2 Maple Leafs vs. Atlantic #3 Lightning
How To Watch
|1||Monday, May 2||7:30 p.m.||TOR||ESPN2|
|2||Wednesday, May 4||7:30 p.m.||TOR||ESPN2|
|3||Friday, May 6||7:30 p.m.||TBL||TBS|
|4||Sunday, May 8||7 p.m.||TBL||TBS|
Tale of the Tape
|54-21-7 (106 pts)||Record||51-23-8 (106 pts)|
|3.85 (2nd)||Goals Per Game||3.52 (7th)|
|3.11 (19)||Goals Allowed Per Game||2.81 (6th)|
|31-8-2 Home, 23-13-5 Away||Home/Away Record||27-8-6 Home, 24-15-2 Away|
|27.19% (1st)||Power Play||23.64% (9th)|
|82.4% (7th)||Penalty Kill||80.88% (12th)|
Can’t Miss Offer From Caesars
- Auston Matthews, C: 60 goals, 46 assists, 106 points, 16 power-play goals
- Mitch Marner, RW: 35 goals, 62 assists, 97 points
- William Nylander, C: 34 goals, 46 assists, 80 points, 13 power-play goals
Tampa Bay leaders:
- Steven Stamkos, C: 42 goals, 64 assists, 106 points, 16 power-play goals
- Victor Hedman, D: 20 goals, 65 assists, 85 points, 25:05 TOI
- Nikita Kucherov, RW: 25 goals, 44 assists, 69 points in 47 games
- Andrei Vasilevskiy, G: 39-18-5, 2.49 GAA, .916 SV%
- TOR to win: -120
- TBL to win: +100
*Courtesy of DraftKings, for more, click here.
Lightning win in 7 games (4-3)
- These two division rivals were as even as could be during the regular season, splitting a four-game set 2-2 with the Maple Leafs outscoring Tampa 16-12.
- Toronto’s offense is the best in hockey by an overwhelming margin given its embarrassment of riches when it comes to attacking talent. Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and John Tavares all are capable of taking a game over.
- Tampa Bay is no slouch, though, as Stamkos continues his resurgence as an elite playmaker. While Hedman is consistently the best defenseman in the NHL at either end of the ice, the return of Kucherov has helped bring Tampa’s offense to another level during the second half of the season.
- Because of the Lightning’s recent pedigree as two-time defending Stanley Cup champions — and considering the Maple Leafs appear to be snakebitten in the postseason (no Stanley Cup in 54 years, no playoff series win in 16 years) — they have the mettle and defense to stymie Toronto.