2022 NCAA Tournament Second Round: No. 7 Murray State Racers vs. No. 15 St. Peter’s Peacocks
How to Watch:
- Date: Saturday, March 19
- Time: 7:45 p.m. ET
- Location: Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN
- TV: CBS
- Live Stream: NCAA.com
Tale of the Tape:
|No. 7 MUR||STAT||No.15 SPU|
|79.3 (19th)||Points Per Game||66.9 (332nd)|
|62.3||Points Allowed Per Game||61.8|
|0.6032 (21st)||RPI||0.5471 (85th)|
|235th||Strength of Schedule||212th|
|Automatic Bid||Bid||Automatic Bid|
Caeser’s is offering insurance on your first bet. Place a first-time wager of up to $1,100 and get it back in the form of a Free Bet if you lose. Click here for more info.
Murray State leaders:
- KJ Williams, F, JR: 18.2 PPG, 8.6 RPG, 1.5 SPG, 54.2% FG
- Tevin Brown, G, JR: 16.9 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 3.0 APG, 38.9% 3PT
- Daryl Banks III, G, JR: 11.7 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 1.5 APG, 1.1 SPG
- KC Ndefo, F, SR: 10.6 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 2.2 APG, 2.7 BPG
Odds, Lines, and Past Performance:
- MUR Moneyline:
- SPU Moneyline:
- Spread: MUR -8.5
- Over/Under: 129
- ATS Record: MUR 17-18-1, SPU 20-9-1
- Over/Under Record: MUR 13-17, SPU 12-18
Odds courtesy of Draftkings. For the latest odds, click here.
- This is the Racers’ third trip to the NCAA tournament in the last five years which gives them a clear advantage in terms of experience. They will want to use that to slow the game down, ranking 246th in adjusted tempo, which suits their physical defense (40th in efficiency) and fundamentally-sound offense (35th). The Peacocks also play slow, coming in 242nd in tempo, which is why the over/under is set so low.
- The Racers will also benefit from taking care of the ball well, averaging only 11.4 turnovers per game, and shooting 35.3% (T-92nd) from downtown.
- St. Peter’s hasn’t been a great three-point team this season, but they did shoot 52.9% from deep and 50.9% overall in their round one upset of Kentucky. However, they also turned the ball over 15 times, which they likely can’t do and win against this Racers defense.